11/9/14

Jamaica


It has been awhile since I've last posted. I've missed the leisure time behind my camera lens. I wanted to do a quick post to show you guys a look into the first day of my medical trip to Jamaica. My sister's LA Kaiser program and the SD Kaiser program go on week long international medical trips and this Jamaica trip coincided with my Fall Break. My sister inquired the program coordinator if dentists could come along the trip as well, so they were able to recruit a general dentist and an oral surgeon. I was able to do some restorative work, but mainly did extractions. It was a fun medical trip and mini vacation with my sister. Volunteering on a medical trip with my sister has actually been on my never ending "bucket list."  

Upon the first day of arrival in Jamaica, we got acquainted with the place we were staying at and had a tour of the Falmouth clinic on the second day. We stayed at a villa in Silver Sands resort in Duncans. There were three villas in total where all the volunteers stayed at. There were house keepers at each house that would cook and clean for us everyday. They made a delicious feast for us at one of the villas where we would all gather and eat together every night. More Jamaica posts to come. Have a good rest of your weekend! _oli

No comments: